Louisville Karaoke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Akiko's Karaoke Club 1123 Bardstown Road. 502-459-8020

Go down

Akiko's Karaoke Club 1123 Bardstown Road. 502-459-8020 Empty Akiko's Karaoke Club 1123 Bardstown Road. 502-459-8020

Post  Admin Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:27 pm

If you have been to Akiko's, let others know what you think of it. Did you like it? What were some of the things you liked? What were some of the things you did not like? Feel free to cover all topics such as, the DJ/KJ, the sound, the service, the food, the drinks etc.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://louisville-karaoke.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Akiko's Karaoke Club 1123 Bardstown Road. 502-459-8020 Empty Re: Akiko's Karaoke Club 1123 Bardstown Road. 502-459-8020

Post  Admin Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:51 pm

Since there has already been a "review" posted on Akiko's in the "Louisville Karaoke" section, I am copying and pasting that post. First, is my review when I attended. Second, is a review by Bowhuntmaster.

Made the trip out to Akiko's Karaoke Club Tuesday night. I thought it was strange when they explained the "rules" to me. It was explained that when you purchase a drink (alcohol or non coke, Pepsi etc.,) you get 3 slips to fill out for your Karaoke songs. I thought about leaving then but my girlfriend and I decided to go a head and give it a chance. I am glad I did. Akiko's Karaoke Club has one of the best sound systems I have ever heard. It was a pretty neat little place kind of small but I have been in a lot smaller places for Karaoke in Louisville. Akiko's is decorated with black walls, florescent paint, and black lights. One thing about it, you will not have a problem seeing the karaoke song books due to the black light makes them really glow. Akiko's has a small stage and multiple TV's with the lyrics. The TV for the singer is mounted high so you are not troubled with people walking in front of the TV blocking the view of the TV. After we sang our 3 songs the DJ gave us more slips to sing songs. I can understand the management with 3 song 1 drink "rule" Unfortunately, some people go to places for Karaoke and never purchase a drink, food or tip the DJ. I think as long as you purchase something I don't think he 3 song 1 drink rule is enforced to heavily. We all should support the places that provide karaoke.
*********************************************************************************
by bowhuntmaster on Fri 31 Oct 2008 - 8:43

One thing to remember is that Akiko's is a karaoke bar. So karaoke is how they make their dollar. It not a perk to get people to drink more.... its the only reason to go there in the first place. Kind of like how O'sheas and pheonix hill have a cover charge. This is their way of assuring that everyone spends at least a little money.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://louisville-karaoke.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down