Louisville Karaoke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best burn software program to use for karaoke songs?

5 posters

Go down

What is the best burn software program to use for karaoke songs? Empty What is the best burn software program to use for karaoke songs?

Post  DerbyBarb Fri May 08, 2009 7:13 am

What have you found is the easiest software program to use to burn songs downloaded to your computer to a CDG? Also - could you tell me if you use a share program to get your songs from?

DerbyBarb

Back to top Go down

What is the best burn software program to use for karaoke songs? Empty Re: What is the best burn software program to use for karaoke songs?

Post  Admin Fri May 08, 2009 2:19 pm

DerbyBarb wrote:What have you found is the easiest software program to use to burn songs downloaded to your computer to a CDG? Also - could you tell me if you use a share program to get your songs from?

I have purchased several programs and to be honest I am having a little bit of a problem fiquring it out. Evil or Very Mad But, there is a program that I THINK will do what you are wanting. I have it myself and it seems to be a good program. Here is the link. http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaoke.htm It is called Microstudio. One thing that I like is you can take songs from other disks and combine them onto one disk. You can change the key of the music and record it to a disk. Also, it is not "ideal" for this but.... you can use it as a karaoke player and put your discs up for safe keeping. I would just download them to an external hardrive. I will attempt to send a link to this website to MTU. maybe they can get on here expand and answer some questions. MAYBE... I can talk them into signing on as a business of the month Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://louisville-karaoke.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

What is the best burn software program to use for karaoke songs? Empty CD Burning and Sharing

Post  kelboswell Thu May 14, 2009 4:43 pm

The absolute BEST piece of software I've found for burning CD+G is Power CD+G Burner from www.PowerKaraoke.com. It also rips. Make sure you have a CD+G compatible drive (Plextor is the only brand I've found that works correctly). Some other drives CLAIM to be CD+G compatible, but most trash tracks 7 and above ranging from multicolored garbage on the screen, to just completely scrambled graphics. The new Plextor 800 Series drives are NOT compatible. Get on ebay and find a Plextor Premium. They're pretty cheap now, and work flawlessly. For ripping, I prefer to use a free piece of software called Audiograbber. It's more flexible when it comes to naming the files and such. It will also search the internet database, and find most discs so you don't have to type in all the names.

As for sharing, that is ILLEGAL! Sad

Hope this helps!

Kelly

kelboswell

Back to top Go down

What is the best burn software program to use for karaoke songs? Empty Re: What is the best burn software program to use for karaoke songs?

Post  Admin Fri May 15, 2009 12:08 am

That sound pretty interesting. I have yet to hook it up in my computer, but the MTU.com sells a DVD/CDG burner and stated that is fullt CDG capable. I know I made my book "by hand" with excel. Man, that was a lot of typing! pale
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What is the best burn software program to use for karaoke songs? Empty Been there, done that, too! :)

Post  kelboswell Fri May 15, 2009 9:47 am

A great piece of software to use to manage your songs and books is called Dr. Tag. I bought it in 2003, and can't survive without it! Go to www.drtag.de and download the trial version. Some of the things it can do are pretty tricky to learn at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's awesome! You can rename, generate ID3 tags (info that is held inside the mp3 file for artist, title, album, etc.) and output the list as an HTML file that can be printed through your web browser and used as a book. You can sort by artist, title, or any other info in the ID3 tag. You can even modify the template to put your own logo at the top, change what information is shown in the book, etc. What I used to do when I had a website is copy the HTML file for my book to my webserver and let people search for songs at their leisure at home. It's well worth the money! Smile

Again, it's pretty tricky at first, but I'll be more than happy to help you get started. Just drop me a line.

Kelly

kelboswell

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 16, 2009 11:34 pm

Well, I already have mine typed in. All I have to do now is keep it updated. But, I STRONGLY recommend to anybody out there, if you are going to do your own books..... Get the software!!!!!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mz Muff Fri May 29, 2009 10:42 am

These are both interesting topics. I have wondered about the CD-G downloads. Reputable sites offer them. So, once ya burn em in your own home, I wonder what the legalities are for professional use? Are they still considered copies? As far as the book making, I use Music Book Deluxe. I definitely like it, but it's the only program I have ever used. Doowop Shop uses and recommends it. I was having someone else hand type before that..and like Tony says, UGH! MBD is $125, but I found it online at Karaoke Warehouse for $69 last year. If ya want to add current songs with this program, though, you have to pay like $69 a year for the subscription, or you can do one time monthly updates. So, I do the "quick entry" they provided. It is still a lot faster. (I'm not cheap, but I have my priorities, lol) A funny note about this - I struggled with it for like 4 months, cursing that it wasn't as all that as it was supposed to be. Then I remembered I had my computer settings set as "large font." Once I switched that back to normal, a whole new set of tools squeezed onto my screen...DUH! affraid Then I was happy all over again.
Muffy
mz Muff
mz Muff

http://www.muffyrocks.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill-It'sKaraokeTonight Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:43 pm

I purchased both the MTU Microstudio software and one of their Certified CD Reader/burners. Together they work great for burning custom karaoke disk. I can pull karaoke files into the Microstudio program from my library and burn a new disk of just songs I will want to sing. I burned a disc for my brother that he used last year during the Gaslight Festival and it played on every system.

I am a big MTU fan. I also use their Hoster program for my karaoke shows. It generates it's own song book, the only issue I have with the songbook is that any duplicate songs all show up, no way to keep duplicates from showing up so extra pages to print. But it will allow you to generate songbooks by artist or by song title from the program.

Bill-It'sKaraokeTonight

http://www.itskaraoketonight.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down